Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectyou missed my point. I agree with you 100%
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20124
20124, you missed my point. I agree with you 100%
Posted by TotalRequestloveLive, Tue Nov-14-00 12:42 PM
>You don't get it, do you?
>It isn't about "competition" --
>who "knows" the best.

My point wasn't that I was bragging about knowing the most. I was merely stating that while all these Limp Bizkit fans in school are all claiming to be "true hip-hop" fans and all wearing Ecko now, I don't feel that its necessary to make my apperence "hip-hop". I just meant that white kids wearing FUBU is bad enough but they could at least know something about the culture. see what I mean?

>It is about something
>deeper. It ain't about "slippin'"
>in the slang as much
>as it is about knowing
>_how_ and _when_ to use
>it... and not trying to
>"impress" your little friends.

That was my point exactly. re-read my post.

>It ain't about "knowledge" -- it
>is about feeling. Do you feel anything when you
>listen to hip-hop? Does it speak to you?

Yes, it does. I live hip hop music. I seriously lay down at night with my head phones on and just listen to it until I fall asleep. Everynight. I'm by myself with no else around; thers no front, I'm not trying to impress anyone. Yes, I hear the messages, yes I "feel" it. Hip-hop has made my cry if thats what you mean. Why do you think I like the artists I do. If I was into it for the beats then wouldn't I just playing some ruff ryders?

>Welp, the wigger you hate just
>might be yourself.
Wiggers try to to be black. I'm just trying to be a hip hop fan without any of the shit that goes along with it when you're white. seriously, not every balck person feels hip-hop so why is it so impossible that a white boy can feel it.

READ THIS QUOTE:
"Thats the difference. While people listen to Jimi, they don't hear him." "Jimi's drummer was white." "What!? Theres no way Jimi's rythm section was white!" -(c)white men can't jump

TotalRequestloveLive