Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Blacks acting white
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20115
20115, RE: Blacks acting white
Posted by Shimmy, Wed Nov-15-00 08:17 PM
Q and Rudegrrl--first off, I'm loving this discussion, cos I've been trying to have it for a while!!

Next Q, I'd like to explore this statement you made a little further;
"However, even feminism is inculcated with European mindsets as it doesn't seem to recognize that they are talking about _white_ men instead of _all_ men, "

As a die hard radical feminist, I'm wondering if you can expand on this somewhat? I have problems with any patriarchal culture that demeans women. It has been my experience that these types of systems exist throughout the world and are not simply perpetuated by the white man or European ideals.

Then I wrote a whole bunch of other stuff--but I have to think on it before I post it--so I'll leave it at this...for now...
Ha!

Shimmy

"When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bounds: Your mind transcends limitations, your consciousness expands in every direction and you find yourself in a new, great and wonderful world. Dormant forces, faculties and talents become alive, and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.
Patanjali