Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I understand what you're saying here
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20069
20069, RE: I understand what you're saying here
Posted by guest, Wed Nov-22-00 03:46 PM
we are not putting ourselves in boxes, we got issues to handle. If we were putting ourselves in boxes, wouldnt we be at a street corner somewhere, getting ready to get high,or chilling watching Ricky Lake, just like BOX-IZM says black folk do? In stead we are here in fronf of a computer trying to speak about a wide variety of issues, something that we should do because if somebody before me (our fathers in the 60s) had not spoken about issues, I might not have been able to go to school and understand that "mysogynist" word you're dropping. Thanks to them and others in the past centuries for never walking away from what they felt they wanted to talk about.

Today we are just proud of ourselves for having jobs,good education and all that staff, but we forgot someone got killed in a riot just so we can do those things. Word of advice, when you learn history, concentrate on the human trends that history teaches you, not the dates. For example, have you noticed that almost all priviledges we have today, almost none were relinquished by white people voluntarily? They are not ready to relinquish the ones we dont have today either so lets keep talking about these issues.