Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE READ!! African brother got some'n to say.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20058
20058, RE: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE READ!! African brother got some'n to say.
Posted by guest, Tue Nov-21-00 04:51 PM
Man!!!! this is spin-off of what Unorthodox (nov 12)had to say. Everything that you wrote on Nov 12 just made me feel good. I'm from Africa and i have been in the US 3 years and because Eglish is not my langauge i dont say well what i want to say a lot of times, but i am always having deep thouhgts to share. You saying what you said feels to me like i said it.

RECOGNIZE: rap is a tool that American-Africans (because America has refused for centuries, to this day to accept my brothers as equal citizens of this country, they may as well be called American-Africans) have used as a tool to heal themselves and re-assure thmselves that are beautiful people and a proud part of humanity.

RECOGNIZE: that because of that , this is serious to us, Vuduchild, its not just a fad.

RECOGNIZE: that history has shown that black culture has always intrigued white America, and the trend has been that white America looked down on whatever the current fad/artform it was for 10-15 years, then start to imitate it and take over it. You want examples? I got plenty! rock,jazz,graffitti,breakdance,sagging pants,b-boy gear,rap!!!You want more? N'Sync,98 degrees,Backsteet Boys,hoops(earrings),shaping their beard!! Everything i named American-Africans did 10-20 years ago, now white kids are doing it.Who do you think these white boy/girl bands are imitating? Jodeci,Silk,Shai and others.They just waited about 10 years. Everything Britteny Spears does in her live performances at the awards, that's Janet Jackson 10-15 years ago.

RECOGNIZE: to you its a fad, to us its therapy for the ills your world are causing to us.

AND HOW ARE YOU GUILTY IN ALL THIS? You are not, but I am tired of white people who like to imitate everything black artists produce, love black athletes to death, bump rap in their car, but hate an average black kid they see in the street.You love Jay Z,Nas,DMX,Meth,Red, but you're suspicious of an average kid on the street who looks,dresses,talks like those artists.Jay Z is cool dressed like that, but the kid on the street looks like he is up to no good. Appreciate all of us, not just the one who make the music, then i'll be cool with white kids who are down with the hip-hop culture.

The saddest thing about all this is that all these commercial rappers are helping white America with the take over. They dont
realize right now.The most important thing about history is not dates and all that hard staff, its recognizing trends so you guard against them repeating themselves. Wht do you think every time the Dow Jones has a little problem all economists start to refer to the 1929 market crash. They studied that crash so hard it will never repeat itself. We are the only people who dont learn, as a result we are the only people another race can be shady to (with so much ease) in the 50s,the 60s,the 70s,the 80s,90s and the 00s.
Thse commercial rappers would rather sell 3 million NOW and hand rap over to white people by making commercial s*&#t, THAN preserve the art by coming real all the time. When you come real in your music, you sell 1 million, but at least we will own hip hop long enough for our kids to sell 2 mill and our grandkids to sell 3 million.
My shhh is too long, I'll share more later.