Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Whites "acting" Black
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=20052&mesg_id=20055
20055, RE: Whites "acting" Black
Posted by guest, Sat Oct-28-00 03:48 PM
Don't you think you're being a bit harsh, using words like "leach" and such? Okay, I'm white. I wear baggy Mecca and T5S pants. I listen to Hip-Hop. I have somewhat of a mid-western drawl to my voice (I'm from Colorado) that could be mistaken for the stereotypical "Black voice" (whatever that means). So, should I be persecuted for this? Am I a "leach"? Believe what you will, hate me if you want, but I think too many people are taking this far too seriously. Although I do hope that the fascination with Eminem dies out, because he just represents pure ignorance in my mind. As long as he doesn't do to Hip-Hop what Elvis did to Rock&Roll, I don't think it's that serious of an issue. Peace, Love, and SOUL!!!
-B

sigs:
------------------------------
"It's deep soul, deep church, spiritual roots and deep jazz... I just go as far as I can inside and I bring it out. The thing the church showed me was conviction. DMX rhymes with conviction. Soul is honesty." Bilal, on his music.

"Bilal WILL be an Okayartist!!" -me

Bilal has been on:
*Common's LWFC
*The Love & Basketball Soundtrack
*Guru's Jazzmatazz III: Street Soul
Coming in February: The Album!!!!
If you haven't yet, check him out!!!

"to aim
is to take oneself too seriously
by focusing without instead of within

re arrange and re member

aim...i am