Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ABOUT FUCKIN TIME!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19924&mesg_id=19933
19933, RE: ABOUT FUCKIN TIME!!!
Posted by JBlaze, Thu Dec-21-00 05:26 AM
>
>The rich think about race all
>of the time. When a
>rich person decides to place
>a toxic chemical plant some
>place he first considers whose
>children will have to die.

No, he first thinks of where it would be cheapest and easiest (least resistance) for him to build that plant. And if that area does not have enough influence (Money,voices) they get away with it. This happened recently in Philadelphia, city council wanted to build the new stadium in China Town. The strong protests and influence of the people of that community made that area no longer an option.

Another example is in South Jersey. The county was looking for a new place to build a some type of small arena for shows and primarily a minor league hockey team. One place they considered was Lawnside, a primarily Black working/middle class community. When the citizens of the town found out that the county wanted to put up an arena that, chances are, they won't even use, they flipped. The citizens got the arena out of the town because of their power and influence.

I am not saying race does not come into every single decision in the end, but I just believe the largest motivating factor is, more times than not, money. C.R.E.A.M., I don't know about you.

>If the children are white,
>even white trash, he reconsiders
>because to most Americans a
>white life is worth more
>than a black life.
>
>

No argument.