Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: beauty standards?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19884&mesg_id=19922
19922, RE: beauty standards?
Posted by NikaMandela, Mon Jan-08-01 09:46 AM
~~severe tanning
~~lip implants
~~butt lifts
~~(some might add) curly perms, etc.

personally, i don't think those things are sypmtomatic of whites wanting to be black. especially not collectively. it's not like they're tanning to get black as me (brown), they just want a hint of color. i guess you could say they were trying to be Asian or Indian then, too. as far as lip implants- i don't think white women, by and large, desire to have bigger lips. perhaps the ones that have no lips might, but that's a minority. butt lifts- i've never heard of anyone getting that. i don't think white women desire to have bigger butts either. everytime i turn around, i see one of them complaining about how big their flatt butt is getting. curly perms- again, they don't want it to look like mine...

black people want to look white waaaaay more than white folks want to look black. all the white dreads, curlyperms, silicone injected lips in the world does not even come close to what we do to ourselves to look like them.

-NikaMandela