Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectNo one is downing them for attending Ivy League schools...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19846&mesg_id=19866
19866, No one is downing them for attending Ivy League schools...
Posted by Solarus, Fri Dec-29-00 09:06 PM
they are being downed for being bootlickers and supporting white supremacy and Western culture. The "We are the world" mentality serves nothing but to provide a smokescreen to the real issue. They are nothing but gatekeepers for massa. I'm very familiar with there ideologies. They are disgusting. It's really sad when a white professor in their department will tell you that. What HBCU program are you discussing? I graduated from Morrehouse last in the African American Studies program and a visiting professor from the Dubois institute (Harvard's African American Studies department sister) taught at Morehouse. He always said that he had to fight Gates (who is Institute director) to teach at Morehouse. Gates is disgusting. That documentary he did was just an attempt promote the image that Africans were just as guilty of enslaving Africans as Europeans. Sure it showed the "greatness" of Africa in some cases but it also degraded Africans in others. Don't bother responding with a "romanticization of Africa" argument because that isn't the issue. Several people have already given thorough critiques of it (see Ali Mazrui).

Peace
Solarus

"To be perfect is to lack nothing essential to the whole therefore I AM."-Solarus

"And if I have to dead you, it's only cuz I love you."- Talib Kweli