Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: you're absolutely right
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19602&mesg_id=19630
19630, RE: you're absolutely right
Posted by Expertise, Thu Nov-09-00 03:47 AM
>shell, expertise, this nation has been
>dominate by colored urban interests
>for FAR too long.
>when will the suburban white
>man finally rise and overthrow
>this oppression???

Whatever. You just like him are trying to use urban as a code word. Urban was meant as a densely populated area, not another word for black people.

Black folks do live in the country also you know.

>btw, expertise, you say bush should
>get the nod. well,
>if gore wins florida, do
>you still think bush should
>get the nod? i
>mean, are you saying he
>should get it anyway, even
>if he's not actually legitimately
>elected? or were you
>just saying that you fully
>expect him to get florida?
> because if it's the
>latter, you're probably right, although
>as president i think he'll
>do only a slightly shittier
>job than gore would have.

I think he'll win Florida, but let's say for a minute Florida's votes weren't included. I still believe he should win. All of Gore's gains were concentrated on the Northeast and the West Coast. California and New York were the only states that kept Gore in it. Bush took everything else. I feel the next president should have had some kind of support from all regions of the country, as Bush did, yet Gore's base was built on heavily populated states. I think Bush will get the win, although I smell a rat in Florida. I don't trust a state where Janet Reno has stroke.

As far as the jobs they'll do, there is no doubt that Bush, if he wins Florida, would have the biggest advantage ever for a Republican president since Reconstruction. A majority of the House, the Senate, and the number of Governors. Not to mention with Colin Powell (He wasted no time announcing that one did he?) he has the potential to have a very strong support team. I think he will do a SLIGHTLY better job than Gore. However, if he can't enact policy in the next 4 years, the Republican Party is doomed. They have no excuses now on getting their programs and platform off the ground.

> btw, did you vote
>libertarian or republican? i'm
>curious.

Libertarian of course. But I'd just rather have Slightly Bigger Government Bush in than Big Money Grip Government Gore.

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury. From that moment on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most money from the public treasury, with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy followed by a dictatorship." - Alexander Tyler

"In general the art of government consists in taking as much money as possible from one class of citizens to give to the other." -Voltaire

"The assumption that spending more of the taxpayer's money will make things better has survived all kinds of evidence that it has made things worse. The black family- which survived slavery, discrimination, poverty, wars and depressions- began to come apart as the federal government moved in with its well-financed programs to "help." - Thomas Sowell

"Life is insensitive, and the truth can be highly offensive. To hide from either is to hide from the reality of life. Take pride in the fact that I am an equal opportunity offender. You today, someone else tomorrow. You have no constitutional right not to be offended." - Neal Boortz

Some of you still think America's a
democracy. Lemme break it down for
ya...

* Democracy:  Three wolves and a sheep
vote on the dinner menu.
* Democratically Elected Republic: Three
wolves and 2 sheep vote on which sheep's
for dinner. 
* Constitutional Republic: The eating of
mutton is forbidden by law, and the
sheep are armed.

The United States is a CONSTITUTIONAL
REPUBLIC. Not a democracy.

Yes....I am a PROUD Black Libertarian Conservative.