Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectOkayUmoja
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19501&mesg_id=19539
19539, OkayUmoja
Posted by Ailyha, Mon Dec-18-00 06:43 PM
I've been thinking about something Koala said the other day on the "...to be black" post, cuz the brotha is real deep in a metaphorical sense...but anyway, why don't we as an OkayCommunity start OkayUmoja and start up another Black aesthetics/Black empowerment movement, b/c I think Black folks are really lacking that sense of community which is why we can't get alot accomplished in our communities...with that umoja, or unity, we can do so many things, like set up a clean-up, or creat a community center, or tutor a child, or get out to vote...
I was just brainstorming, but just ask me questions and i think my idea could blossom into something great.
Also, how about an OkayCollegeChallenge and get our your Black students to recognize their power and challenge them to get out and create some "umoja" and get some things done. We're kind of getting on our feet here at the Univ. of Sou. Miss., but we about to do some things next semester.
Later
Ail

"Everybody's got issues, every-stinkin'-body"

"Boy, you look like steamy hot chocolate poured out on a milky sunrise- Unknown female "Mack"

"I don't know why I love you so much, I don't know...(sound of distress)..." some Stevie Wonder-ish