Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectClean Up!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19501&mesg_id=19538
19538, Clean Up!!!!!!!
Posted by guest, Mon Dec-18-00 05:42 PM
>suggestions for our next "event".

I haven't been webbing here for long so I really don't know about what kind of events OKP.. has been apart of. But I do have a thought and a sketchy plan.

I quickly glanced at the other suggestions and I don't know if mine fits, but here it goes...

My plan is to start a massive clean up of our neighborhoods, inner city communities. Sweep our corners, paint the borded houses, plant some trees, mow the lawns.... all and all make our neighborhoods conducive to living. Not only this but get the brothers standing by the cornerstore and handling their business be apart of it.

In the grand scheme of things, I'm all for getting drugs out of our communities but for now I'll settle for the view of flowers instead of broken glass and keeping one or two of our brothers out of prison. My thing is if you have a broom or a paint brush in your hands while conducting business on the street, you're less likely to be conspicuous and less likely to be harassed. And like the saying goes, 'idle time is the devil's work' so why not use it to better your home, our home?

This wouldn't is this would require much, just willing participants......I'm rushing a bit so I don't know if this makes sense, hit me back and let me know what you think.

Peace