Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Elders, Youth, Saul Williams and Black Revolution
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19463&mesg_id=19499
19499, RE: Elders, Youth, Saul Williams and Black Revolution
Posted by guest, Sun Jan-28-01 03:34 PM
I don't think Saul was wrong because what he stated was his opinion and opinions are not facts which means there is no wrong or right. However I do think that there is a time a place for everything but then again someone will always be offended. I agree with Saul as far as defining yourself for yourself but someone here brings up a good point when they stated that how you see yourself is not basically how everybody else sees you. And to me... if alot of people think the samething about you there must be some validity in it. So self evaluation is necessary when things like that come up. It is true that you must first start with self.

At the same time tho'disagree with the part suggesting that we should see our situation as a human situation. Granted it is but you can't just skip from self straigt to human race. If you start with self you got to make the next step immediate and extended family, then move on to immediate community, race/culture needs to be intertwined into all of those issues and once fools can unite within thier own race/culture, then we can move on to the entire human race. We got to take alot of small steps to slowly have the appearance of one big step.

We can't downplay what our ancestors have done for us be it progress or not...all we can do is learn from it...they did what they knew how to do.

And I'll say somethingelse if any change is going to be successful it has to be quiet fools can't go around telling and emailing and paging and phoning to everybody what they gone do cause then other people know what to do to stop it.

And one other thing no one is above correction if you wrong you should be corrected.