Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Westerner does not equal white.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19236&mesg_id=19281
19281, RE: Westerner does not equal white.
Posted by guest, Sun Jan-21-01 06:22 PM
"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought

>>I guess this whole argument would be clarified if you laid out what you think these harmful ideals distinct to Western culture are.

when you read the posts i made, as Solarus already posted, this war against black and whites came up, also i never made mention of killing ANYBODY at all. so here's one aspect of western culture that is problematic 1) it's ability not to think metaphorically/allegorically/abstractly, ways which spiritual people have obtained informatin about the cosmos for CENTURIES. and 2) upon meeting these abstract concepts, applying an elementary western template on top of it to ATTEMP to understand it all. what happens as a result? you FUCK up and never get it at all. then try to come up with some sorry as substitute like Masonry, Metaphysical Bookstores, and New Age culture clubs to try to convince yourselves of having "understanding". when you apply that template which is the tool you use to get the "closest" understanding possible (still far off the mark though) you universalize it and apply it on a global level. global in the sense that it gets incorporated into the western view of everything which becomes another part of the arsenal used to justify your points which had no sound base in the first place!

how you did it: 1)assuming i was talking about killing people, perhaps because of the word "destroy", you then 2)incorporate that with previous data, i.e. Hitler, a symbol of physical destruction by western standards. 3) seeing this as a means to strenghthen already established belief of me wanting to kill, you then make this statement about a "white on black" war even though race really never applied anywhere in my posts. 4) separating yourself from that war you become a "nonpartisan" observer which gives you a for lack of a better word, a "god" perspective. this allows you to 5) universalize the instances of "evil" which have plagued the world in "every" society. thus making ignorant staments like those you will again attempt to justify on Monday. i've sat back and witnessed this phenomenon so much it's easy to predict it before it even happens. matter of fact, the night i read that i KNEW Solarus was gonna see it and respond like he did so i went home.

DENMARK VESEY

An ex-slave of a slave trader, he knew the wickedness of slavery and that man was not meant to slave for man. It got to the point where Vesey couldn't bear to have a white person in his presence. He was very outspoken with his hatred for YT. When slaves bowed to YT in the street, he would rebuke them. When the slaves replied, "But we're slaves," Vesey would reply, "You deserve to be slaves." An infamous quote of Vesey was when he said, "We are free, but the white people here won't let us be so; and the only way is to raise up and fight the whites." One of his plans was to takeover of arsenals, guardhouses, powder magazines and naval stores in Charleston, South Carolina, but, he too, was betrayed by a house negro. Vesey and 5 of his aides were hanged on July 2, 1822.