Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I understand that this is a part of there culture that can't be taken away but...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19134&mesg_id=19208
19208, RE: I understand that this is a part of there culture that can't be taken away but...
Posted by guest, Thu Jan-18-01 12:19 AM
This is meant to be the activist board. That means people should come in here with open minds to learn and to see how we can CHANGE things to make life better for us!

What the hell is all this squabbling going to achieve? About 4 people (including myself)with first-hand knowledge of "FGM" have spoken about how it's not nearly as terrible as the West potrays it. Still you people don't listen! Why don't you first of all find out how things REALLY work before you make judgements. And just coz YOU can't understand why anyone would want to do such a thing does not make it wrong.

An example: It would have been wrong for me to walk down the street holding hands with my girlfriend (she's caucasian, I don't use the term white coz I don't believe in it) 50 years ago. Is it wrong today? Depends on who you ask. I personally believe there's nothing wrong with that while I know some people who believe "GOD" does not approve of inter-racial marriages. And these mofos will even quote the Bible for proof! So in this case just coz a large part of society wouldn't have approved of me having kids with my girlfriend (as of 1950), would that have made it? And would that make it wrong today?

My point is there are no absolute right or wrongs; it all depends on who you ask. Of coz I don't condone murder, rape and the like, but "FGM" is in no way close to those things.

And the main point here - in my opinion - is this: first hand knowledge is key! Would you criticize a hip-hop album if you haven't heard it? NO! You would be a fool to attempt that. But you take the news fed to you from the TV as truth and don't question it. Then you come in here and call yourselves activists!

Find out things for yourself! Don't believe everything the "experts" or "analysts" tell you. They don't know any better than you do but they make millions teling you they do (I know coz I'm one of them).

Another point totally:
Ever wondered why most terrorists seem to be followers of Islam? I was watching the news this morning and they were talking bout how China is preparing to host the 2008 olympics. They then said somrthing like "and the country's police force is getting ready for any attacks from terrorists or Islamic fundamentalists". In short, terrorist = Islamic fundamentalist! The message is subtle, but repeated enough, mofos like you will take it as true.

Sorry for my harsh tone but I'm just pissed with all these talk and no action. Get it in your skull - there is nothing you can do for others until you LEARN for self!