Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Whatever
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19134&mesg_id=19197
19197, RE: Whatever
Posted by Hibo, Wed Jan-17-01 05:09 AM

>You are presuming, it does concern
>me.

i read what u posted and i was not referring to you, maybe i should've said everyone except kream and that other dude whatever his name is, but i didn't.

>Again you are presuming. I
>come from a culture that
>circumcision is a daily thing.
> I've seen young females
>unable to pee because of
>this practise.

i come from a culture that practices as well, also i have first hand knowledge and experience about this. they're unable to pee during the healing stage of the procedure, the pain is intense at this point, its like acid being poured on an open wound. but like i said that after the healing process the pain is over and done with. some people do have complications but many dont. i have cousins who died from this procedure, and i also have cousins and sisters and aunts, and my mother as well as myself, who have normal healthy lives.

>In my experience, mothers no longer
>want their daughters to go
>through with it, but still
>do because of fear of
>being ostracized among their peers.

times are changing. but in my experience its usually the grandmothers or mothers that have the old ways instilled in them that condone the practice.

>>i'm not condoning this practice, but
>>at the same time its
>>part of my history, my
>>people.
>>
>>women lead happy, healthy lives. you're
>>acting like these women are
>>crippled or handicapped. god there
>>is nothing wrong with them.
>
>A lot do but not all.

the majority of the women do lead healthy lives. i know of many women including myself that are perfectly healthy and happy.

>Westerns should mind their own and
>not interfere with Africans. That
>is a pointless argument. Tell
>me, how does poverty in
>say Ethiopia concern them?
>It doesn't.
>
>Since you seem to have first
>hand experience, why don't you
>eduacate ppl with the truth,
>rather than passing judgement just
>like how a lot of
>ppl are doing on this
>topic.

i've already talked greatly about this subject and at the time that i wrote this i sat there reading all of the replies to this post and i got worked up.
*****library criminals******
and i'm one of them ****hanging head in shame****

man...I have fines in all districts....I have fines in toronto from the time I was in grade 2 (c) some criminal

and i cant get library cards cuz i have some overdue shit from years ago that i didn't return so i'm in their system (c) another criminal