Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectMight I remind you
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19134&mesg_id=19165
19165, Might I remind you
Posted by guest, Sat Jan-13-01 07:03 AM
"Again we have resorted to the idea that their cultural traditions should be impeded because we dont approve of them nonetheless we do the same thing."
-Koala

"we don't do the same thing."
-Nahymsa

"i completely understand your dismay at what is a dangerous practice that has been practiced all over the world (even in these united states)."
-solmariposa

"I agree completely"
-nahymsa

"Until we're ready to face OUR problems - we have no
business shaking our fingers at theirs"
-koala

"So we shouldn't have helped our brethren in South Africa, we shouldn't have fought against Nazi Germany?"
-nahymsa

"i come from a culture where female circumcision is widely practiced, i would warn you against taking the stand that many western nations have taken which is wagging a condescending finger at these "barbarians" and telling them to "stop it"
-solmariposa

"I agree completely"
-nahymsa

From the start i said this doesnt have to be about culture/character assasination and even somebody who is of the culture in question agrees. They have been called barbarians, uncivilized, and now you've likened them to nazis. When I say its not necessary and demeaning you even justify these prejudiced notions and offer a few more, when a female says it you agree completely!?

Thats YUCK

K