Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Should "whites" give up their "racial" advantage?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=19012&mesg_id=19029
19029, RE: Should "whites" give up their "racial" advantage?
Posted by guest, Wed Jan-31-01 12:37 PM
you have some powerful posts n make amzing points in them all. i just have a genuine question im not being sarcastic or whatever. but what is stereotyping? i think, although im not sure, that is overrated in both ways- some people depend on it too much n some people dont take any responsibility. i was having this convo w/ my mom yesterday (shes white) n she said she thinks its a stereotype to say black people have more rhythm than white people- now... i mean im not gonna say no white people have rhythm, n all black people do, cuz thats certainly not true, but i think that belief has some truth in it. i think theres a basis for a lot of stereotypes, not that they are true for everyone believe that- no, all black people are not in gangs, no they do not all smoke weed, etc. but, whens the last time u caught a white boy in a gang? gangs are full of black people, n we have to take responsibility for the reasoning behind that stereotype. i do, however, think its wrong to say that ALL blacks are gangbangers or whatever, but i couldnt blame a sheltered person for being afraid of a black person when thats all they see on tv- n black people do have control over their own videos n lyrics- if they wanna keep that up be prepared for the consequences im just sayin i think certain stereotypes have a basis, not that they are true or that u should live by them, i personally find them very offensive as do you all im sure. but what im sayin is that i think theres a lot of things black people could clean up but instead it seems like theyre re-enforcing the stereotypes ( i mean i know white people aint doin nuthin to help, but there are certain black people that think they can conduct themselves in any manner they please, n then not get judged for it-im not sayin its right, but its human nature n u gotta expect n come to terms w/ it so u can change it) n then blamin it on white people - EVERYTHING IS NOT WHITE PEOPLES FAULT! im sure yall all know that, but damn it seems like a lot of people got no clue n they wanna play dumb like they aint doin nuthin wrong alright well im done, n please try ur best to understand what im sayin- i didnt mean to offend anyone unjustly ( n sorry for the slang), also im not perfect, nor am i a scholar therefore i do not claim to be flawlessly well informed on this subject, which is y im asking for your opinion. thnx, peace.