Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectconfusion...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18935&mesg_id=18974
18974, confusion...
Posted by LexM, Fri Feb-02-01 06:00 PM
>What I don't believe in is
>an injustice system which systematically
>finds poor and minority citizens
>on death row.
>
>And since we can't have justice,
>I would vote against any
>death penalty measures.

I thought I knew what u were saying here, but your other responses threw me off. Do you mean (1) you'd vote for KEEPING the death penalty if it ever came into question or (2) that you're opposed to it BECAUSE the poor/minority populations are overrepresented on death row?

just askin

L.

PURPLE REIGN!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are no atheists in foxholes" (c) Any Given Sunday

I <3 Freestyle!!

"if and when blind, you will hear/drops of water reflecting off your skin/
the subtle bounces magnified into drum pounding/gateway splitting, roaring and consuming, yet soothing/echos of your losses" ~~jesmar

"some(t(hing) -o) m(o(t(ivate) -he) ) -ind t(o never stop) -hinkin' and c(reating) (-ause) -reat(i(on) -s) l(ife and)ife is reproduced th(rough) fresh (-houghts) -hat c(ome, when you let ) -reativity find you.." ~~Giovanni

"I'm from the land where a man who calls himself Jesus and drives a stolen car" ~~SayNoGo

"how can she sing/holy songs/'bout baby jesus/and mary/and not come/and save me from choking/on sweet youth mixed with mildew/that keeps clinging to my memories/cause this ain't the first time/grandma forget to save me and/my momma forgot to save me.../just always said "jesus wants you to save your flowers"/but my jesus forgot to save me too" ~~beyond_levels