Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: "You're so thorough and good, Thurgood."
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18935&mesg_id=18961
18961, RE: "You're so thorough and good, Thurgood."
Posted by guest, Tue Jan-23-01 01:37 PM
the death penalty is weak but my main point is i dont see where humans get the right to judge other peoples lives God gave us a life hes the only one who has the right to take it away we could be judging a person unfairly n i believe in forgiveness 100%- "And if he sins 7 times and 7 times asks for your forgiveness u shall forgive him everytime." we're going against what martin luther king jr fought for too see hes strong thats what u call strong someone who has enough faith in his people to try to change them instead of kill them n i believe it was this faith that got him through were defeating ourselves by killing each other not to mention the amount of innocent people who are killed- the government is obviously not perfect n they make mistakes people are in prison for years before evidence is found of their innocence the main thing is i dont think humans have the right to take another humans life we are all human we all make mistakes n its not right to judge which lives are worth living n which lives dont deserve to live in putting another mans life in our hands like that were just as bad as the convicted killer- a life is a life n they are all equal, they all deserve a chance, they all deserve forgiveness, they all deserve hope, n they all need love. "The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everybody blind. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than to win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than to convert. violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love..."~Martin Luther King Jr. im not naive im not sayin let all the criminals run free so they can kill us all im just sayin throw em in jail for life dont kill em- in my opinion thats worse, after a while u just start wishin they had killed you anyway- someone said physical equivalence isnt the same as moral equivalence- ok but where do morals become equivalent? i mean, to me, judging someone by taking their life is just as bad as killing someone for no reason- it may sound more justifiable to kill someone b/c they killed someone, but when you think about it, you can never really know their motives- to them, their motive for murder was just as good as the governments motive, and you cant say youve ever been in their shoes im not saying that makes it ok im just saying. "People think a lot of what i do is wrong but i think im right, so i think im going to heaven."~Tupac. a person is only held accountable for what they know. you might say well everyone knows killing is wrong. well obviously not, b/c we have people all around us who believe if you got a good reason its ok to kill someone. so if in someones mind they know they have a good reason for doing what thyre doing as, far as they know theyre right. n like i said people are only held accountable for what they know (im not sayin ignore the fact they committed a crime, just realize it might not be a good reason to kill em), n the same knowledge is not universal. i hope yall took what i was sayin the right way cuz a lot of the stuff i wrote could easily be misinterpreted. peace.