Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Death Penalty?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18935&mesg_id=18937
18937, RE: Death Penalty?
Posted by guest, Sun Jan-14-01 04:14 PM
I'm going to come out straight and say that I'm totally against the death penalty. I'm against any sort of killing. Why is it ok that the government can kill people as punishment but civilians cannot kill people? SOunds hypocritical of the government, don't you think? Killing someone for killing someone, hmmm. What kind of punishment is that, what are they trying to teach us? And then there's the Son of a Bush, who loves to kill hundreds of people, many of whom innocent and black, legally cuz he has the option. Fuck the death penalty. And people wonder why Bush is such a bad man...so many reasons, but thats another post/topic.
I think its funny that you, sdhiphop, put at the bottom the mumia abdul-jamal site, someone many are trying to free from the death penalty, when u're not even sure if you agree or disagree with it. I'm not trying to diss you or anything, i'm just trying to point something out.
I think there are so many other solutions besides the death penalty to punish the criminals. And we need to save the innocent ones before theyre sent to the chair. Ghandi and Martin Luther King both knew that an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind.

Peace,
Erica