Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectgladly...yet begrudgingly...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18859&mesg_id=18933
18933, gladly...yet begrudgingly...
Posted by morpheme, Mon Feb-05-01 01:10 AM
>artists:
>>mariah carey...

"only blk when it's time to do the remix"...when mariah first stepped onto the scene she was very evasive about her ethnicity...statin she was not blk...she was "human"...one can define oneself however one chooses...yet i would view her videos & her romantic leads were ALWAYS white men...& the only time when she'd have blk men in her videos were when they were rappin on the remixes {ODB "fantasy"} or dancin in the blk-background...it wasn't until her divorce frum tommy matola that u'd find her w/blk men in the forefront of her video...{still on the "hip-hop" tip}...but it seem'd as tho mariah got rid of her old man...cut off her clothes & went wild w/the darkies

>>quincy jones...

i just don't get the overt white woman thing

>>wesley snipes...

wesley has stated & been quoted as not likin blk women...blk women have too much attitude & are not docile enuff for him {as the asian women are}...& blk women were the FIRST to embrace him when he began his actin career in spike lee joints...& he went on record in a blk publication {ebony} debasin us...he was wrong tho...i don't talk to much...i let the absence of my box office dollars speak for me

>>miles davis

admitted wife beater

>Especially Wesley, particularly in light of
>his connection to HTM.

sorry i don't know what the acronym HTM stands for

& i also don't fuck around w/madonna shit either

this is MY list...i'll explain but don't feel the need to justify

~kiera

asighn4jane just ain't VALID n e more

"be honest now...are u cummin w/the customers???" © 'Girl 6'

my blk history quote...
jesse jackson...by way of shyne