Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: I am held responsible
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18859&mesg_id=18908
18908, RE: I am held responsible
Posted by guest, Mon Feb-05-01 01:19 AM

>Why should you not be at
>least accountable for the privileges
>you have recieved from your
>ancestors?

accountable for priveleges??? i usually accociate accountability with negative behavior. there's no way that becomes a little too abstract, not mention indirect and somewhat prepsoturous. i can respect that though and i see where your coming from, but it would really be impossible for me to be accountable. that implies that i had a premeditated hand in the construction of those privleges. how could i have possibly have asked for that before i was born? i didn't choose to be born white. honestly sometimes, not always, am ashamed about it. and that's a bit sad really. nobody should ever feel that way. but that's like having a problem being born handicapped or Mexican or blonde or 3000 years ago. you really have little to do with when, where, why and how you come into this life. you can not like it, but ultimately there's nothing you can do about it.

now i'm not going to lie and say that i'm ungrateful for these so called privleges. that would be retartded. i'm also not going to lie and say that i dont take them for granted either. whatever they may be. we're only human. is that not an excuse?

i really dont mean to get psychobabbly.

peas
terrence