Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Denny's, Shoney's, Texaco, Sodexho-Marriott...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18859&mesg_id=18901
18901, RE: Denny's, Shoney's, Texaco, Sodexho-Marriott...
Posted by guest, Wed Jan-31-01 07:41 PM
......so does that mean by being white, am i automatically obligated to endure the blame and hate that someone puts on me individually? i hate sounding dumb, but i realy cant be responsible for what my ancestors might have done. i think it's foolish that i am even associated with thier actions. honestly, how am supposed to even compensate? where does it start? i will not let somebody blame me for where thier life is at. it cant even be direct. it gets rediculous. i'm really trying to be objective here. i am by no means condoning of what ever happened, but i fail to see where i should "shoulder" someones anger. it really makes no logical sense. anything that happened between the race 300 years ago is irrelevant, mostly, to where you and i are today. i dont know maybe it does. but when does the compensation end. how many eye for eyes do there have to be in order to attain a balance. i'm sorry i 'm not making sense.

"{it might be over your head, but it's straight from the heart}" -Talib Kweli

is there anyone here who likes Kweli more than Mos? i do. am i crazy?