Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subject...what I plan to do is...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18756&mesg_id=18769
18769, ...what I plan to do is...
Posted by Yunique, Wed Jan-31-01 07:07 PM
...to stand on the shoulders of my ancestors and take part in the liberties that they couldn't have, like that of living under my own control, the right to vote, the right to own land and property, and the right NOT to be treated as property and not to be discriminated upon. It is when this right is waivered when I choose to react in a way that ensures it won't happen again to me or anyone else. Taking it to another point, being a musician and studying jazz as my life's passion I choose not to involve myself with drugs, alcohol abuse and things of the sort because that's how my father's would want me to do it, since that was their downfall...going even further I wish to continue my education to the doctorate level to be the best that I can and be the north star that my ancestors looked up to when they thought of better times because that what I believe is best and that is what I think they would feel is right....isn't that what Dr. Martin Luther King fought for?

Oh, and by the way, I'm doin' alright. How're you? How's everything been? School ok? How are your endeavors in the English language and it's poetical expressions going? I hope all is well...

Yunique (aka Kwame de l'Afrique)

"There's no Jazz without America...there's no America without Jazz"
-Art Blakey

"Hypocrites... are not to be killed, for Allah desires them to be made examples for others by chastising them, like a parent does a child."
- Elijah Muhammad

"Knowledge is like a garden : if it is not cultivated, it cannot be harvested."
-African Proverb (Guinea)

thank me for the short sig. later.....

e-me :Kwame de Afrique@aol.com
im-me : Yunique140 (aim)