Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Walking the Path.
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18599&mesg_id=18619
18619, RE: Walking the Path.
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-20-01 04:00 PM
<<Milk causes a build up of MUCOUS which in turn aggravates the lungs causing asthmatic complications (if the person already has asthma). I speak from experience. Since I quit using dairy, the level of asthmatic complications I experience has significantly reduced. I still may experience complications if due to a combination of these factors: exercising regularly, drinking enough water and when it gets cold. Cold air aggravates the lungs also.>>

I drink a lot of 2% milk. Sometimes a 1/2 gallon in a 24 hour period. I surfer from really bad allergies. I switched to organic 2% milk without added "stuff" and my allergies have dropped about 80% since the switch. When I am having my bad days I will not drink milk and switch to green tea or water that has been boiled with ginger root to aid in my coughing attacks.
I am a strict lacto-ovo vegetarian, work out daily and I drink a lot of water. I eat organic about 95% of the time. I watch what I eat and I think people need to do that more in this day and age. Look at all the food scares going around in the last 10 years. It is only going to get worse.

I do _not_ want to sound preachy at all. I hope I did not come of that way. I am talking about my personal experience.
-K