Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectno disrespect but
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18599&mesg_id=18609
18609, no disrespect but
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-20-01 04:18 PM
"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought

"STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK" -Mos Def

most of the time when i exhibit sarcasm it's after realizing that a discussion on the subject is a waste to me and i try to be creative and funny, which i do. if this seems like a copout, so be it. the western origins of a vegan diet argument could very well be the case for some people. my reasons, though, are not. this is why i can't enter the discussion like i want to. i can wax eloquently (care of morehouse) on the western arguments for being a vegan but they are only the words of children compared to what i'd say to an afrikan thinking person who'd understand why i'm vegan. this has nothing to do with the preconceived notions of what is afrikan. what most people study about afrikan thought, i live, so an academic approach to showing the eating habits of continental afrikans of modern times or even the past is irrelevant. more likely than not i can't have a conversation with a western thinking person in their arena about a wholistic way of living without wasting a lot of time in an academic arena that is a) undeveloped to me and B) foreign to them, most times talking about veganism even withing the western context, people don't know what they're even talking about. they don't even know their OWN information let alone trying to even attempt to see mine. if i were to ask basic questions just concerning data, people would run away realizing they really don't KNOW anything, they just think/regurgitate/read/re-enact someone else's info. this is the difference between thinking(the basis of western philosphy) and doing( actualization of knowledge) we won't even delve into understanding...

(((((PEACE)))))

Nuwb or "blackness" is supreme balance before the chaos was introduced. It was a state of sound, right reasoning. That darkness was triple darkness, which is what you would call the absence of consciousness, or the state of being awoke. In actuality, the dream state is more real and peaceful than the chaos you meet once you are awake. A form of spiritual darkness responsible for the spark that turned on the light that is the life and intellect of all who breathe and think.
When the light is turned on again, the chaos begins. The differentiation begins. The separation begins. The rights and the wrongs, the goodness and the badness; the supreme balance is broken and the ego begins to verse the "I."