Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: why not
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18599&mesg_id=18605
18605, RE: why not
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-20-01 12:38 PM
"REAL RECOGNIZE REAL, and even more than that, the fake, they REALLY REALLY recognize REAL!" -BlackThought

"STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK,STAY BLACK" -Mos Def

>>why not" argue/discuss/debate with facts as opposed to sarcasm/rants?

it's a waste of time. period. like we've always been saying, trying to express afrikan thought to a westerner is impossible, their "cups aern't empty to receiive", plus, the only way to truly show how i think or how i live or how i perceive the discussion would require DOING/EXPERIENCE, something that'll never be done. trust me on this one.

argument/discussion/debate are gross western concepts. compared to what ptah hotep said about speech...these westerners with their empty words and equally empty actions and viewpoints are pitiful. a waste of words. that's why i laugh. like kewli said "if i dropped afrikan thought, you'd probably lie and say it's greek philosophy" if i come at you with how i think about the subject it'll be so far from understanding(application of mere knowledge) that anyone who isn't "experiencing" it will never get it. solarus could tell asthma sufferers all day about his experience but they'll argue/debate/discuss but never "DO" to see if what he's saying is right. typical western arguments involve words not actions. i can tell you back when he wasn't a vegan and when he gave the same sorry excuses as others might "to each his own" and "i'm not ready" etc. but real activism requires activism, not rhetoric. this subject is on the same level as discussing/debating/arguing the merits of a vegan diet over a carnivorous one. pointless. to those that don't DO, argument is needed. to those that DO what they know, their actions speak.

to ask someone who validates by reality/action to explain something is a hard thing, ESPECIALLY when you meet a western mind that has a barrage of defenses to limit itself and protect it's incomplete frail ego. there's a difference between knowing the path and walking it. western science has spent its existence trying to explain and reduce nature to something it can explain/manipulate/deal with...but look at it's actions. americans have this great well of knowledge on nutrition but look at them...they're the people with the worst preventable health on the planet. their way of knowing doesn't work for themselves...to ask them to understand what i would drop?!? a waste of words. ptah hotep said it thousands of years ago "experience is the high qualification"

(((((PEACE)))))

Nuwb or "blackness" is supreme balance before the chaos was introduced. It was a state of sound, right reasoning. That darkness was triple darkness, which is what you would call the absence of consciousness, or the state of being awoke. In actuality, the dream state is more real and peaceful than the chaos you meet once you are awake. A form of spiritual darkness responsible for the spark that turned on the light that is the life and intellect of all who breathe and think.
When the light is turned on again, the chaos begins. The differentiation begins. The separation begins. The rights and the wrongs, the goodness and the badness; the supreme balance is broken and the ego begins to verse the "I."