Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFYI
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18397
18397, FYI
Posted by Solarus, Fri Feb-23-01 01:04 PM
Hotep

It was a reaction to the specific post that I was responding to, i.e. the person who said movies don't lie.

It wasn't meant as a comment about EVERYONE. Not even the poster but moreso the comment.

Example Scenario:
A Black person (in person) says something completely ridiculous and I respond " Black folks is dumb as hell." Am I making a sweeping generalization? No. Considering that I am Black and KNOW I'm not dumb, this comment is more of a specific reaction to a specific person to a specific comment.

PEace
Solarus

"Activism is the practice of using an internal, self-determining source of power to live one's life and/or enact some sort of change. Power is the ability to define reality, while self-determination is to decide or define one's self. Therefore activism, is not simply something done to right some wrong or to fight some cause but rather it is a way of life. Activism is the way of life where one can define self and change anything that may impede or control the reality that one chooses to live."-Solarus