Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: hmm...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18385
18385, RE: hmm...
Posted by wonluv, Mon Feb-26-01 10:19 AM
well, i do believe that there are some truths that are basically universal. i mean, people are basically the same and in every culture there is a longing for a supreme being. God speaks to us all, regardless to what we believe. adhering to these truths is not wrong at all. however, some folk pick and choose what they want to believe based on what they are willing and not willing to give up. i think that in itself is not so much wrong as it is a cop out of living a true spiritual life.

as for your second point, i'm a christian. the bible teaches that, like you said, there is only one God. however, allah, buddah, and jehovah are three different concepts!!! you can't call the God of abraham, buddah. buddah is not who God is. buddists do not believe in christ. christ is part of the God head. allah is not God. muslims do not acknowledge Jesus as the christ. my christian ideals will not allow me to fathom faith without christ. as far as being from different cultures, that is what the great commission is all about. every person who claims to be a child of the one true God and saved by His son, Jesus, was born to tell others about who God is. so, in india where hinduism is strong, we as christians are charged to go there and introduce them to christianity. then, it is there will to except or not to except. that's where free will comes into play; not in interpreting who God is.

non-denominational churches are the churches of the new millenium. i belong to one. a good non-denominational church put it's emphasis back on God's word, and takes emphasis off clothing, rituals, and old moves of God. that's why so many people leave the church, because people get caught up in rituals and how their parents worshiped God. God may not change His commandments/principles, but how He enforces them can, will, and, as a matter of fact, is!!!! for example, God is going to invade hip hop music. the youth ministry at my church actually has rap ciphers on sundays! the church is going to get back into the community, too. Jesus didn't kick it in the suburbs! He had lunch with lepors and prostitutes, so that He could reach people who were lost. the church is about to get back on that. for real. time's short, ya'll. sorry to go on like that. peace, b.

www.valleykinmin.org

"i write to let my soul fly higher, while ya'll defeatin' the purpose like black highlighters"-wonluv