Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: G.O.D. (Gaining One's Definition)
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18383
18383, RE: G.O.D. (Gaining One's Definition)
Posted by wonluv, Wed Feb-21-01 01:49 PM
i think it's cool to learn about the beliefs of other cultures, but you can't go believing/following parts of any and every doctrines......you get sick eating off every plate that is handed to you......i think when you do that, you take what you like and create your own personal "faith"......i don't think that's right.....that would mean that truth is defined by what you believe.....(somethings are true whether you believe them or not).....and if God is truth, and every person has his own truth, that would mean every person serves their own God........what is that?.....there is only one truth, one God....one set of standards.....you have to be hot or cold.....the bible or the quaran......God spits the lukewarm out of His mouth......make a choice.....what if we could pick and choose what u.s. laws we followed......there would be chaos....when you mix and match different doctrines to fit what you want to believe you create spiritual chaos within yourself.....that's my imo.....not trying to be hostile...

peace

"i write to let my soul fly higher, while ya'll defeatin' the purpose like black highlighters"-wonluv