Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectHere we go, listen up...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18338
18338, Here we go, listen up...
Posted by guest, Wed Feb-21-01 12:19 AM
>Can someone please explain to me
>why Black people are Christians?

Because they feel the principles of the Bible are true and contain valuable relevence to thier spiritual needs/beleifs.

>How can you be a
>religion that murdered and enslaved
>you?

The religion had nothing to do with the murdering or enslaving of Africans. People who acted in ingnorance were to blame for enslaving my ancestors. They were not lead by the church or protestant movement to do what they unjustly did.

>Christians robbed the Afrikan
>of her language, of her
>Gods, of her culture, of
>her human dignity.

Christianity was not forced on Africans. If you remember we were brought here as slaves and to work. The white man could have cared less what religion we embraced. They wouldn't have forced the Bible on them if anything which embraces harmony among all people.

>Christianity was
>forced on the Afrikan by
>the primitive white race, please
>explain to me how any
>person of Afrikan decent can
>honor this blasphemic religion.

Who is Christianity blasphemic to? Have you completely dismissed the idea that once African were here and exposed to Christianity they made a chioce to take up the religion. Earlier you said that they were stripped of thier culture and what not. While agree with you on that you make it seem like that because they were taken from thier home they didn't get a chance to find a spirituality that was comfortable for them. Isn't that what matters most? I know black people that are Christians do not embrace the mistakes other people claiming to part of the religion have done, they embrace the teachings of it's scriptures and contentment it rbings thier spirit.

Numerously Yours,

VT formerly Apostle

5 D.V.S.
Spittin' at everybody!
You think I give a fuck?

Numerouscats.com -coming soon!!!

The "N" stands for Nnowledge!!!

"All of my heroes did dope" -Dre 3000 of Outkast

"Nobody beats the ris" -Mason Verger from Hannibal