Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: OH NO!
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18336
18336, RE: OH NO!
Posted by notnac, Tue Feb-20-01 11:35 PM
Wassup AmeriKaan nUumber. I am a Roman Catholic myself, and I have learned that Christ was Aramaic, I think. So in His own earthly native tongue, His name was Yeshua or something like that. In English, this would be translated to Joshua. The name Jesus, I forgot, I'm sorry. I think it might mean the chosen one, but I might be thinking of "Christ" which someone already mentioned means "anointed".

I do believe (after attending a workshop for Catholic educators/ ministers by a priest of the Dominican Order) that Christian rituals and beliefs, in Roman Catholicism anyway, certainly do have roots in Egyptian culture. He said that Baptism, was an Egyptian "import", so to say, among other things. My belief is that because of this, Blacks, Africans, etc. equally share ownership of Christianity, regardless of what KKKristians say. So you have every right to reform the evils of this world to absolute truth, because Christ is alive and in YOU. And true Christians will be right by your side in helping quench the thirst for truth. Don't let the wolves in sheep's clothing claiming Christianity while acting as devils detract you friend.

Freedom and Peace,
Derrick