Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectJust That
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18263&mesg_id=18282
18282, Just That
Posted by cued, Tue Feb-27-01 06:41 AM
Christianity is not a religion, it is a doctrine. How can it be a religion when it is devoid of spirituality?

How can it be a religion when it has been used to conquer and control and kill... all in the name of god?

How can it be a religion for Black people when Black people who are of African descent have their own spiritual traditions, but cannot seem to wash this bit of spiritual imperalism from their soul?

How can it be a religion when Europeans are disconnected from the Cosmos and have no understanding of what it is to be connected to Everything and Nothing at all?

I must agree with the original precept of this post. Christianity is nothing more and nothing less than a vehicle for European culture hegemony. It was given to Black people to pacify them with their enslavement.

Although I do think that Black churches serve an important function because it brings the community(ies) together, I feel that Christianity runs the risk of tearing it apart.

My two cents.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."