Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectI did
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18185&mesg_id=18209
18209, I did
Posted by Solarus, Tue Feb-27-01 12:13 PM
Hotep

I answered it as best as possible. "if i'm outside in the rain with no umbrella, dripping, and i say "i'm wet" do i become instantly dry?"

Who is "I'm?"

People say "my body," or "my mind," so who is the "I" that possesses these things?

All I said led up to this conclusion:

You THINK you are a body that is in some EXTERNAL environment that can become "wet."

The TRUTH is that there is no "you," no "outside" and no "water" to wet you. All these things are one thus nothing (NO-THINGS).

Someone brought up "physics." It is interesting to see how Western science is only now beginning to see this TRUTH that the ancients have seen since time immemorial. All these "things" are made of the "substance." "We" (finite minds) can only "perceive" the TRUTH. It's like the way our eyes function. "Light" reflects off an object which reflects onto our lens which is then sent as electrochemical messages to the brain where we process the information. Are we "seeing" the object or are we just "perceiving" a REFLECTION of it?

This may seem like "philosophic chatter" and inconsequential to daily living but it has EVERYTHING to do with daily life. Though this "reality" may not be the TRUTH, it IS the VERY REAL to us and we must act according. This isn't a promotion of "nihilism" or the belief that "nothing matters." Realizing the TRUTH allows one to see the SPIRIT and the connection to ALL THINGS. This negates a "de-spiritualization" of life that we find in the Western world.

Does this answer your question?

PEace
Solarus

"Activism is the practice of using an internal, self-determining source of power to live one's life and/or enact some sort of change. Power is the ability to define reality, while self-determination is to decide or define one's self. Therefore activism, is not simply something done to right some wrong or to fight some cause but rather it is a way of life. Activism is the way of life where one can define self and change anything that may impede or control the reality that one chooses to live."-Solarus