Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: It's not that complicated.....it should be that simple
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18034&mesg_id=18118
18118, RE: It's not that complicated.....it should be that simple
Posted by never2, Mon Feb-26-01 11:33 PM
yes, how can I not agree that it should be that simple, but the truth of the matter is that it isn't. We live in a world that views Black and Asian women as sex objects and inanimate, the same can be said about Black men. Asian men are sexless and invisble. and whatever white men or women do, it is ok.
if two people are truly in love, then cool, best wishes. But if you're with a Black man, Black woman, white girl, white guy, asian girl, asian guy (not too many people choose to be with us) for a stereotypical reason then that's not cool (I was gonna say something rather strong here, but let's be calm about it).
As an Asian male, you don't know how much I get hated on by all men, if I date outside of my race, or even if I'm with a fine asian girl. and yes, it is white supremacy, whiteness is beautiful and if you're dating white you're dating up, and if you're white then you can pretty much date or screw anything you want and it is still ok. I don't let it get to me anymore, but when I see a white male with a Black/Latina/or Asian female, I wondered if she is just with her for "exoticness" and she is with him for "power," same thing when I view white women with other races. I am trying to not let this get to me anymore.
By the way, I am an Asian male, dating an African-American woman, and my kids are gonna marry Pocahontas (you're Indian? right?) kids..........peace