Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Interracial Luv
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18034&mesg_id=18092
18092, RE: Interracial Luv
Posted by dreamineyes, Sat Feb-24-01 11:42 AM

>Race is a reality in
>this society and for me
>it's hard imagining myself coming
>home to a man who
>can't relate to living Black.
> I feel like I
>would have to hold myself
>back or compromise an important
>part of my life.
>
>I need someone who has the
>sensitivity of what being Black
>means and what it is
>like. I need someone
>that can truly understand, do
>more than sympathize or listen
>to my stories

I've actually never thought about this. Thanx for sharing

> The American way of
>life has crammed white culture
>into my mind and psyche
>since I was a baby
>so I know what white
>is, what white means.
>I can talk the talk
>and relate to white people.
> But can white people
>really relate to me?

But u still don't (and never will) understand exactly how it feels 2 b white. Just the same as I, no matter how much i am around blacks, never will understand how it feels 2 b black.

>Many white people get defensive when Black people talk about
>their feelings, their reallity so why try?

I dunno why this happens,I guess it depends on the way u express yourself. If I feel like someone is attacking me or tryin 2 hold me resonsible 4 something I feel I didn't take part in then I guess I could react like that.

Sometimes I feel like I'm involuntary takin part in racist actions just by being white. And i really hate it when people are tryin 2 make everything racial.(If I call u an ass it's because u're being one. It got nothing to do with the color of ur skin so please don't label me a racist!)

I think people of all races experience prejudice.(and not only because of their race,but 4 a lot of other reasons as well)

Basically, stereotypin sucks. And I think if someone wanna exclude a certain group of people from their list of potential partners, they might loose out on something good. Maybe the love u can't seem 2 find u would have find in that black/white/Asian (or whateva) person u never got 2 know, if u'd only been a bit more open minded..

Love has no color

-------
Why must my arms feel so empty 4 what my heart still holds? -Musiq

U couldn't hang if u was a poster. -Common