Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: Interracial Luv
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18034&mesg_id=18088
18088, RE: Interracial Luv
Posted by guest, Thu Feb-22-01 02:52 PM
To all,

I'm glad my post has provoked some insightful thought and some positive response. But in this case i feel all response is positive. The only solace I can ever find in the cold stares or rude remarks my girlfriend and I receive is the fact that I am happy to see that race is still an issue, as it should be. While I am discouraged that closed minds still prevail at times, I feel my situation, if anything can help others open up.
The ones with the cold eyes have no idea the love that is shared by this black and white duo. Perhaps when they get home they realize the true fights regarding race should be fought against the disenfranchisement of black voters (see Florida) police brutality (see NYPD) black males in prison (see Rikers) and an overall absence of apathy for these racist ills (see everywhere) Not love between two adults.
Until then I'll continue to love this girl, treat her like the Black Queen she is. So anyone who thinks this Irish boy from Flatbush can't do that, will just have to stare and deal with that shit. Peace to all, keep thinking and writing.

FXS