Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectFrom a non-European perspective
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18034&mesg_id=18063
18063, From a non-European perspective
Posted by cued, Fri Feb-23-01 11:18 AM
Love looks like this:

The truest embodiment of the statement: I am because we are; we are because I am.

It is going through the crap and really coming to know the other person the way you know yourself -- rife with the contradictions and unanswered thoughts.

Seeing yourself in someone and looking at yourself and seeing yourself in them.

It has less to do with "love" as it does a deep, deep friendship that connects on the physical/spiritual level.

It is beginning at the bottom of the mountain instead of on the top which is how we are taught as Westerners (yes, my partner and I have worked a lot on our relationship to get it where it is something that will endure)

Recognizing your weaknesses and the other person being the answer or "grounding" of them.

Bringing you relationship out into a community of people who know and have relationships with both people in the relationships and the couple as one person. Engaging in other couple's rituals because it renews your bond as well as their's.

Shimmy, you asked a hard one here... I think I know, but it defies words or explanaion... Just... even when I feel crappy, I have never felt better in my whole life.

Peace,

Q

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*********^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Uplifting thoughts:

"We are the end result of our ancestors prayers as they died. We you are the sum total of their answered prayers."

"I am because we are; we are because I am."