Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: ayyyyyyyy.......what if she 1/2 white?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=18034&mesg_id=18043
18043, RE: ayyyyyyyy.......what if she 1/2 white?
Posted by DJ_scratch_N_sniff, Wed Feb-21-01 02:15 PM
>
>don't talk...ever
>

There you go with that bullshit again. I was getting to dig a lot of the things you say. I like the vein of afrocentricity you bring to the boards. I am all about the idea that "western" thought is ass-backwards and a mental disease rampant, destroying peoples and cultures everywhere. (I try to see the beneficial aspects and the flaws in all the cultures I learn about.) So naturally, I like the idea of erasing from the planet, the plague of negativity that western culture has wrought everywhere it's been taken...

However, I don't see why this should preclude peoples of different skin color from being friends, lovers, spouses, etc. with one another. Just because one pair of boots don't fit, don't mean you gotta wear sandals all the time.

I'm not saying that you, utamoroho, should date whites... it's obviously outside of your mindset to do so, and it would be bound to end up in disaster... However, you should respect the feelings of others who do so, at least where respect is due. Remember, judge them by the content of their character.

Just out of curiosity, would you get involved with/marry any non-black? Let's say a Filipina? An American Indian? A light-skinned Egyptian? I realize this is hypothetical at best, but when people seem to have such a strict boundary drawn, it just seems to be begging for an explicit definition.

From the little I have seen of your ideas, you are what I would label an "afroeurocentric". All of your ideas, while heavily African, are in direct retaliation to European-ness. Again, this is only from what I have witnessed of your writings, but you focus only on afro vs. euro. There are very many more ways of thought. In fact, African and European are not ways of thought. There are thousands of cultures and religions originating in both of those continents. Of course, those have been and are still being depleted constantly by the predominant expansionist Euro-Christian culture. But while more similar to each other than to those of other parts of the world, African cultures, religions, ways of thought, and concepts of morality are very different from one another, and to use the Kemetics, a culture from only one corner of the continent, to represent all of African thought, is not very accurate. They may be the pinnacle of success in African history and even the world, but they are only one of countless stories from the continent.