Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: you know what
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17860&mesg_id=17867
17867, RE: you know what
Posted by Sudani, Wed Feb-14-01 11:52 AM
I happen to know a slew of brothers who know how to hold it down but they happen to be muslims. I think the MAIN concern is that our people in the CITIES have lost that connection and many of us are moving out of the country and into the city because it is somehow better? My step-grandmother is STILL living in a house her father and Husband built with thier hands, made of pure logs. She even has an outhouse but they got tissue paper in there! When I was pulling up, her sons were shooting at rabbits , and she had some deer up in tha house( it was good..I ate Bambi, just playin' players). Anyway, many blacks look down on being from " tha Country" but those people will be tha main ones making preserves and growing corn and all of those other things while we are crying about how the lights are off and the food in tha fridge is about to go bad...... We need some city kids to get a taste of country livin'. We need to convert Tuskegee University back into the school it used to be with the students making every brick of a new building and raising and cooking the food in the school cafeteria, instead of it being an old landmark living of the old legend of 1881... Peace ;-)