Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectATTN conspiracy theorists:
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17654
17654, ATTN conspiracy theorists:
Posted by emil, Tue Mar-06-01 09:45 AM
i really have little to add. 2 ppl here have already torn apart your arguments as to the initial origin of the virus; it was not CREATED in some lab. me, well i'm 'officially' a biologist and have done quite a bit of in-lab work (level 3 biocontainment suits and all) with hiv as well as lymphomas (related in some ways...won't go into it here). i think i'm gonna start a master's program this summer in a similar field, epidemiology and such.

it's kinda difficult for someone not well-versed in the scientific method and/or the history of disease progression (or even behavior for that matter) to understand fully what's going on here.

no need to repeat what was said earlier, but the point is finding a cure (or at least an effective treatment) for this disease which, i personally don't think there is one. my mentor from a few years back worked with the original team that elucidated the agent of aids in america-cool guy, mormon background, still has little hope for a cure. this shit is just too 'smart' for us intelligent humans.

conspiracies can hold us back, at least when we theorize based on limited information. it's not whether this was created, but whether it was spread purposely and how it can be stopped.

*don't listen to me, as i was only interested in where hiv hides in lymph nodes while someone can be seronegative but still a carrier....

i mean...i'm sayin tho.