Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: facts, please?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17636
17636, RE: facts, please?
Posted by standard deviant, Tue Feb-13-01 09:01 PM
>I did not say ALL diseases
>were engineered, you said that...

you're right, you said it is "highly likely that HIV and AIDS are man made", and as corroborating "evidence" you cite mustard gas (not developed as a weapon...in fact found by accident), nerve gas, small pox (naturally occurring), etc. You seem to confuse usefulness as a weapon with probability that it was created by man. Shit, iron is a usefull substance, do I credit man with having created it?

>The farmers may not have "invented"
>it but somehow there sure
>are a lot of hungry
>people in america are "denied"
>food everyday, some working people
>have to choose between feeding
>their kids or eating the
>food themsleves

and that is the farmers' fault, right? Damn the farmers for MAKING people starve! How have we let them get away with this for so long?!

Are you kritiking capitalism or proposing that AIDS was invented...the two are entirely different subjects. (BTW: when was the last time you saw a farmer with fat pockets?)

>Exactly how are they dissimilar almost
>all of them have some
>neurological effects whether they act
>immedaitely or over a period
>of time....

OK...and? Ether has neurological effects, does that put it in the ranks of your list as well? How about mescalin? I suppose flashbacks (a long term neurological effect) are proof that mescalin was man-made. Again, this is like saying that birds and mammals both breath air, therefore I should be able to fly.

>To me precedence, just like in
>a court of law (sp?)
>warrants a statement such as
>"highly likely", america has tradition
>of profiting or advancing from
>inflicting pain, struggle, control suffering.

OK...this may cause doubt, but this is hardly even a step toward proving anything. There are MANY hurdles left to clear before this becomes part of some sort of certainty. Remember, the burden of proof is on you.

Please, please, PLEASE look at the link to requirements of logical arguemenataion (post #55).

And before you tell me there is something wrong with logic: if you want to abandon logic, that is fine...when you do so, for performative consistency, please stop typing letters in any particular order, please stop following rules of grammar, please stop using your computer (infidel machine, built ENTIRELY on those incorragable rules of logic).