Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: facts, please?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17635
17635, RE: facts, please?
Posted by guest, Tue Feb-13-01 08:39 PM
>Yes, it is convenient that diseases
>are effective ways of killing
>people (in some senses more
>effective than guns and knives
>because I don't have to
>be anywhere near you to
>kill you). That does
>not make all diseases engineered
>(or even similar diseases).

I did not say ALL diseases were engineered, you said that...

>Side note: others here have hinted
>that because drugs are used
>to treat diseases, AIDS could
>be concocted or used by
>drug companies to push their
>products and get money.
>In a similar line, lack
>of food causes death...so I
>suppose farmers invented hunger in
>order to sell their crops.

The farmers may not have "invented" it but somehow there sure are a lot of hungry people in america are "denied" food everyday, some working people have to choose between feeding their kids or eating the food themsleves

>
>And the symptoms of HIV/AIDS are
>vastly dissimilar to the examples
>you mentioned (more dissimilar than
>similar). Either way, their
>similarity doesn't ammount to an
>arguement about their possible connectedness.
> Dogs and cows both
>have four legs, teeth, fur,
>tails (I could go on
>and on), but they are
>NOWHERE NEAR connected.

Exactly how are they dissimilar almost all of them have some neurological effects whether they act immedaitely or over a period of time....

>Highly likely?! For real? What warrants highly likely? I was >feeling you all the way up to "quite possible" (because it is). >But you are downright lying with that highly likely crap.

so you are willing to throw out everything i just said just because I said "high likely"?
To me precedence, just like in a court of law (sp?) warrants a statement such as "highly likely", america has tradition of profiting or advancing from inflicting pain, struggle, control suffering. This particluar become apparent in times of war; that is when you see how ruthless america can be. Additionaly, happenings like the Tuskegee exp, agent orange in vietnam, gulf war syn, etc stand as proof. To me precedence warrants that statement, that is who america has shown herself to be....