Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: AIDS in Africa: Conspiracy Theories?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17622
17622, RE: AIDS in Africa: Conspiracy Theories?
Posted by Ailyha, Tue Feb-13-01 12:17 PM
I think one of the biggest reasons why AIDS is such a problem in africa is that it's a 3rd world country and it does not have adequate health care. I just went to a seminar that our vice pres. of the university did called "Virtual Tour of Africa" and it was a slide show of his trek to AFrica. And there were slides of a hospital in the country formerly known as Zaire. Anyway, they don't have enuf needles to give to patients and they have to use needles over and over. And then you have mothers that have been infected who have breast feed their children. It's horrendous that their hospitals are not up to par. There are not enough beds in these hospitals, people are dying in the streets, their water supplies are affected by the disease. What is there to do? No one is upping the challenge to help these hospitals or this country. WE have to sit back and witness the destruction.
Peace
Ailyha
headed for the peace corps when she graduates...it's the least i can do.

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. - quote from Good Hair by Benilde Little

"Everybody's got issues, every-stinkin'-body"

WHen you look in my eyes, what do you see?

You like it, I love it... my advice to anyone who asks me for it and not willing to make that change.

2001, i'm really going to let my hair grow out...I guess i need something else to do with it.

During my year long plight of abstinence, my mind is clear and i'm horny as hell!

May 2001 Socialight Roadtrip to New York. We need OkayTourGuides! Email me!!