Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectdon't know if it's a conspiracy
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17595
17595, don't know if it's a conspiracy
Posted by LexM, Mon Feb-12-01 04:17 AM
per se...but something definitely needs to be done.

I suppose that whether or not you believe it's a "conspiracy" has a lot to do with whether or not you think AIDS is a manmade creation vs. a naturally developed disease, among other things.

I think that more "developed" countries do have an obligation to do what they can (make more drugs available cheaper, e.g.) to help stop the spread of AIDS in Africa. I would hate to see a good portion of the Motherland's population wiped out in 20 years.

Then again, like Quest said, some of the conditions in Africa today are not helping efforts to curb the disease. I've read several articles (from African news sources) detailing the cultural, economic, and intellectual barriers to AIDS education/treatment on the continent.

peace

L.

"There are no atheists in foxholes" (c) Any Given Sunday

I <3 Freestyle!!

"And for once, I want to live for the stars that came before me/And for the ones/That will never have the opportunity…to connect" ~~presyzion

"if and when blind, you will hear/drops of water reflecting off your skin/
the subtle bounces magnified into drum pounding/gateway splitting, roaring and consuming, yet soothing/echos of your losses" ~~jesmar

"and my own fears now/are not that i’ll die without money or land/but that i’ll die without this pen in my hand/and god bless this man, as i speak spoken words/cuz i may die broke/but i’ll be broke and heard." ~~RatpackSlim

"how can she sing/holy songs/'bout baby jesus/and mary/and not come/and save me from choking/on sweet youth mixed with mildew/that keeps clinging to my memories/cause this ain't the first time/grandma forget to save me and/my momma forgot to save me.../just always said "jesus wants you to save your flowers"/but my jesus forgot to save me too" ~~beyond_levels