Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectYou took what I said out of context...
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17589
17589, You took what I said out of context...
Posted by QuestOn4, Wed Feb-14-01 02:35 AM
but I'm not surprised.

>>>In general, black folks in US cities have higher instances of teenage pregnancy.
>That would imply somewhere that young
>black people are not protecting
>themselves, which as we know,
>is the easiest way to
>get AIDS.
>
>You disagree?>>
>
>Of course I do. What exactly
>are "you" implying when you
>emphasize that "black people are
>no protecting themselves"? Are "we"
>to assume that "other" people
>are? I would most certainly
>hope not!

If the reason this thread was started was to debate the nature of the virus that causes AIDS, and how it affects a disproportionate amount of black folk, there would also have to be a correlation between the disproportionate amount of black women who have HIV (which, as you seem to be conveniently forgetting, is spread the same way babies are made). You are denying that teenage pregnancy is a problem in the black community? There are a large number of unwanted pregnancy in black America, which implies that folks are either using protection wrong, or not using it AT ALL.

Which, you may or may not know, lends itself to the spread this disease we're discussing.

I'm not implying anything. I'm SAYING that a population of people of people who do not protect themselves sexuallly, are ESPECIALLY susceptible to being victims of diseases spread through sex, as HIV is.

That says nothing about black people, other than black people don't protect themselves.

Let us remember
>that women who seek out
>abortion (as opposed to full-term
>pregnancies) are most likely to
>be young, white and unwed.

And this has what to do with my statement?

I never said white women don't get pregant. Proportionally, though, teenage pregnancy is greater in black and Hispanic communities. What does abortion have to do with anything? If you got pregnant, that means that you've been fucking and bodily fluids have been exchanged, and that if your partner has ANY STD, you'll likely have it as well.

Abortion is neither here nor there.

Funny. Neither is your argument.

----Initiating shutdown sequence----
---Deactivating Soul Brother Prototype: "Quest"---

The Collective is:

Vex Bliss
La Note
Nuru
Quest

http://www.womb.cjb.net

AIM: QuestOn4