Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectbut my question is
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17576
17576, but my question is
Posted by LexM, Tue Feb-13-01 05:41 AM
(just out of curiosity) How is it that we have virtually eliminated other "natural" diseases just by bettering our hygiene/living standards or finding vaccines (e.g. cholera, dysentery, tuberculosis, malaria etc.) and we cannot easily figure out how to stop a virus that (supposedly) originated in a monkey???

I certainly don't have all the facts on either side about AIDS being manmade/natural--and there are definitely good arguments on both sides on this post--but given the government's history (Tuskeegee experiment, Agent Orange, Gulf War Syndrome, ad nauseum) I'm not willing to disregard the idea that AIDS is a manmade virus.

L.

"There are no atheists in foxholes" (c) Any Given Sunday

I <3 Freestyle!!

"And for once, I want to live for the stars that came before me/And for the ones/That will never have the opportunity…to connect" ~~presyzion

"if and when blind, you will hear/drops of water reflecting off your skin/
the subtle bounces magnified into drum pounding/gateway splitting, roaring and consuming, yet soothing/echos of your losses" ~~jesmar

"and my own fears now/are not that i’ll die without money or land/but that i’ll die without this pen in my hand/and god bless this man, as i speak spoken words/cuz i may die broke/but i’ll be broke and heard." ~~RatpackSlim

"how can she sing/holy songs/'bout baby jesus/and mary/and not come/and save me from choking/on sweet youth mixed with mildew/that keeps clinging to my memories/cause this ain't the first time/grandma forget to save me and/my momma forgot to save me.../just always said "jesus wants you to save your flowers"/but my jesus forgot to save me too" ~~beyond_levels