Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: AIDS in Africa: Conspiracy Theories?
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17561&mesg_id=17563
17563, RE: AIDS in Africa: Conspiracy Theories?
Posted by guest, Mon Feb-12-01 09:25 AM
>>First, epidemics are always localized, that is, they begin and are centralized in a given place. The Black Death was centralized in Europe, and wiped out half the people there.

How does that explain the disproportionate number of infected AFrams in America? In every major "black" city in the U.S., HIV/AIDS is spreading at alarming rates. I personally, refuse to believe that Aframs are the only folks exchanging bodily fluids around here. I'd like to know where the figures are coming from--There are brothas and sistas who won't line up for flu shots, let alone get tested for AIDS.

>Complaints?

>>Because of the lack of medical equipment/supplies in Sub-Saharan Africa, the spread of AIDS has been sped up. In the industrialized countries, they can at least educate people about the disease. In Africa, you've got dozens of languages, bloody internal conflicts----neither of which lend themselves to educating people about protection, precaution, etc.

Couldn't that be said for most "Thirld World" countries?

"We live the now for the promise of the infinite" --Mos Def

"I'm tryin' to soar to altitudes unknown to man, woman or the most agile of birds" --yours truly

"your people first. a quiet strength. the positioning of oneself so that observation becomes reaction, where study is preferred to night life, where emotion is not seen as a weakness. love for self, family, children and extensions of self is beyond the verbal"
--Haki R. Madhubuti