Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectRE: dead prez guns
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17506&mesg_id=17526
17526, RE: dead prez guns
Posted by DPfan4life, Thu Mar-01-01 10:21 AM
first off, its obvious who dp's main target audience is, and its not white people, you have 2 realize DP's come from the gutter, the hood, the ghetto, the projects or whatever u wanna call it. its funny all these so called postitive suburbanite for-the-cause activist that wanna question and dictate what these brothaz say on record but dont know what it's like @ all 2 be in their situations...i know what u are trying 2 imply and is what people try 2 imply ALL the time about dp's is that they are hypocritical which is a natural reaction 2 peeps when they hear the album which is drenched in truth and reality with no holding back, which is why i like em...but lets say they didnt carry guns 4 the sake of them thinken that peeps would think they are hypocrites? what would they defend themselves with? bamboo shoots? knives? tree branches?? these brothaz come from the ghetto not some native american named suburban neighborhood like most of the okayplayers up on this.....

"cuz everybody knows you gotta watch yourself around borderline psycho's".....dp's

"...some of us ever share the views of the canaanites tryen 2 be white but they gon lose in this game of life so dead that i tie my dread back and scheme put a star on my red black and green"-dp'z

"...the white house is the rock house uncle sam the pusher man.."dp'z

"...around the world we stay stuck in capsules, shackled and crackers got homes like castles...dp'z

white people only make up 8% of the world

"the differences are like pepsi and coke but both of them are bad for you"-M1 of dead prez on the democrat republican presidential race

Big Boi freestyles, I don't," Dre admits. "Because I think too much. But I'll write one verse that'll crush your whole album."

"these are the times that try a nigga soul population control we waisten time chasen gold they after more than your mind they want your nation as a whole its time 2 take off the blindfold"-Dead Prez