Go back to previous topic
Forum nameOkay Activist Archives
Topic subjectthey are coming from a revolutionary mind state
Topic URLhttp://board.okayplayer.com/okp.php?az=show_topic&forum=22&topic_id=17506&mesg_id=17522
17522, they are coming from a revolutionary mind state
Posted by kevb, Thu Mar-01-01 04:21 AM
so guns or bloodshed are hand in hand with that. there was never a significant revolution without bloodshed.

now i haven't heard m1 ever say the word nigga so you can't say "they", but as far as stic.man i think it's the same reason why he uses "improper" english. now why he could be working on that, he may yet to get that out of his vocab. it is also a way to reach the folks who he is trying to reach. common was on tavis with kevin powell and dead prez in april and this topic came up. common was saying in his use of the word nigga, it may not be so p/c but it might reach a nigga who might be turned off by "african" or "my brother". you know how niggas be, "oh you on that black shit now", " i ain't no mooooslim", or "fuck that back to africa shit". so it's a way to reach some people who might not pay attention to the message from the jump.

"a nigga need food, you got to have food for ya health,
clothes, get a kit and seam for yourself, shelter a place to lay to rest when you stressed over life cause it's trife, ain't no god gonna help ya"-stic.man